Experiments in Cyanotypes – 2


I continued with my experiments in printing Cyanotypes. Discovered that adding a bit of lemon juice (citric acid) to water in the first wash deepens in colors and increases the contrast.


The crossing, India, 2013

I tried printing on different papers and am yet to decide on a final paper to focus most of my work. I get a feeling that smooth watercolor paper that will not lose fibers while washing should work well.


Salzburg, 2013

I never realized that Cyanotypes can display delicate tones very well. This print was exposed in the evening sun. I also didn’t use lemon juice in the first wash.

One thought on “Experiments in Cyanotypes – 2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s